Mailbox Damaged by Snowplow

A Snowplow Damaged by Mailbox

If you live on a town road, the Department of Public Works can assist you!

State Roads

Residents living on a state road may call the Rhode Island Department of Transportation (RIDOT) Mailbox Claims via 401-734-4842.

  • Aquidneck Avenue
  • East Main Road
  • Valley Road
  • West Main Road

Request Assistance

The easiest way to request assistance is to submit a 'Citizen Request' through the Town's website. Follow the following menu choices to submit your issue:

  1. Go to the town website
  2. Select the 'Help' icon on any page
    • Enter your name and email address
    • Enter any comments you may have, including physical address

You may also call the Department of Public Works office at 401-846-2119.

Mail Hold

You may want to have your mail held at the local post office until your mailbox is replaced. You may call the Middletown post office at 846-0663 or fill out a 'hold mail' card when you visit the post office.