Visit the Recycle Together RI website for the most recent recycling guidelines.
Yard waste will be picked up 26 weeks of the year on a seasonal schedule, exact dates of collection may be found in the collection calendar.
- January (Christmas tree collection)
- April (4 weeks)
- May through October (every other week)
- November (4 weeks)
- December (1 week)
Placing Yard Waste on the Curb
Yard waste is limited to 50 pounds per unit (bag, barrel or bundle) as it is collected manually. There is no set limit to the amount of yard waste allowed to be put out for collection.
- For brush that can't fit in the trash cans, or if you simply prefer, the brush may be tied in bundles 4 feet long or less and the branches should not have a diameter more than 2 inches.
- You may use a regular 30-gallon trash barrel clearly marked yard waste. Yard waste stickers are available at the Department of Public Works office, see the Recycling Coordinator.
- You may use the paper yard waste bags that are sold in hardware stores for this purpose.