Tax Collections Update (October 1, 2022)
- Tax payments may be made in person at Town Hall from 8 AM to 4 PM.
- ACH payment: ACH Authorization Form (PDF)
- Payments can be made online at Middletown Online Tax Payments
- Tax payments can be left in the drop box on the east side of Town Hall next to the handicapped accessible doors
- Tax payments can be mailed to the Tax Collections office, Town Hall, 350 East Main Road, Middletown, RI 02842
Motor Vehicle Registration Holds
As of the 2022 tax year, the town no longer collects an excise tax for motor vehicles.
However, previously billed motor vehicle taxes are still the responsibility of the tax payer.
If you are experiencing a hold on your registration at the Department of Motor Vehicles, please email Tax Collection or call 401-847-0193 for more information.
To remove a block, we must receive payment by cash, certified check or by credit card.
Online Payment Information
Online access to your account information and online Visa and MasterCard payments are also available.
Email Tax Collection to request your account number and PIN number and we will email you the information needed for online access. Your account number and PIN number are also printed on the upper right block of your tax bill.
A 3% fee will be applied to credit card payments. Credit card payments are not available for Sewer/Water Construction charges