- Feature Links
- Community Calendar Policies
Community Calendar Policies
TOWN OF MIDDLETOWN, RI COMMUNITY CALENDAR POLICY
The Town of Middletown Community Calendar is a free service being offered for the public to promote community activities and events. Community events include any charitable, educational, cultural or recreational activity happening in the Town of Middletown.
Community Calendar Posting Guidelines
Calendar events are intended for one-time or special events, not regularly scheduled activities.
Events have to be open to the general public.
Events must have a Middletown, Rhode Island address.
Notices and announcements should include:
The name of the group, organization or person sponsoring the event
A brief description of the event
The date and time of the event
The location of the event, including street address
Free and ticketed events are eligible, but if there is a fee, the amount must be included. Events that cost more than $50 per ticket will not be included
All event postings shall include valid contact information including a full name, email address and phone number.
Proposed postings must be received through the town’s website at MiddletownRI.com at least 10 business days to the prior the event date. The information will be reviewed by the Town of Middletown during business hours Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4 pm. Submissions will be approved, revised or rejected by the Town within three (3) business days.
What is NOT Allowed
· Any posting that promotes illegal activity
· Any posting that promotes particular commercial services, products or political organizations
· Any event that does not meet the standards established under Title 17, Policy 13, also known as the town's Facility Use Policy. See Facility Use policy for more.
· Third-party retail programs like fitness classes, cooking classes or first-aid workshops
· Any posting that violates Town of Middletown policies
· Business, commercial or garage sale advertisements
· Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation
· An event that does not take place in Middletown, RI
· Private events like family reunions or birthday parties
· Profane or sexual language and/or content
· Regularly scheduled events such as fitness classes, athletic events, religious services, etc.
· Spam, advertising, or solicitations
The Town of Middletown Community Calendar is offered as a community service to the residents, businesses, visitors and community organizations of Middletown.
· The Town of Middletown reserves the right to review, edit and/or reject any event submission.
· The Town of Middletown does not endorse, support or verify the legitimacy or accuracy of any organization or information posted on this calendar or any documents or information posed on any website linked to or from this calendar.
· All persons or entities submitting postings hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Town of Middletown and its individual members, officials, committees, officers, agents, directors and employees from any and all third-party claims that the content violates a third party’s right of privacy or contains any defamatory or inaccurate content or violates any state, federal or local law or regulation.
· The Town of Middletown reserves the right to revise these guidelines at any time without notice.
· All events submitted to the Town of Middletown Community Calendar are subject to public disclosure under applicable local, state and/or Federal law.
· Event submission constitutes agreement to all guidelines and information contained in this document.
How to Submit an Event
- Visit the Town of Middletown website at www.MiddletownRI.com
- Click the “Submit An Event” link in the below the calendar and follow the step-by-step form. Submissions over the phone, via email or through other avenues will not be accepted.