Article 6, Table 602 Schedule of District Regulations-Uses and Districts
Click blue letters § 602 Schedule of District Regulations - Uses & Districts for link to table.
Current Zoning District Permitted Uses allows for a Home Occupation in the following Zoning Districts:
- RM = Residential Multifamily
- MT = Mobile Home / Transient Trailer
A Special Use variance is required in an LG zoning district.
Home Occupation is NOT permitted in:
- GB = General Business
- LI = Light Industrial
- OP = Office Park
- OS = Open Space
- P = Public
Middletown Zoning Ordinance defines Home Occupation as the following:
Any activity customarily carried out for gain by a resident, conducted as an accessory use in the resident’s dwelling unit, subject to the following conditions:
- The activity is carried out by a member of the family residing in the dwelling unit.
- The activity is clearly incidental and secondary to the use of the dwelling unit for residential purposes.
- Conforms to the following conditions.
- No person who is not a resident member of the family shall be employed in the home occupation.
- There shall be no exterior display, no exterior sign, no exterior storage of materials and no other exterior indication of the home occupation or variation from the residential character of the principal building.
- No vibration, dust, odors, heat or glare or offensive noise shall be produced.
- No traffic shall be generated by such home occupation in greater volumes than would normally be expected from a single dwelling unit in a residential neighborhood.
- Any parking required for the conduct of such home occupation shall be provided off the street.
See Article 4-Definitions