Town Council discusses and acts on various local matters.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Matt Sheley at (401) 712-2221 or firstname.lastname@example.org
MIDDLETOWN MEETING MATTERS
Middletown Town Council
When: Monday night.
Where: Internet-based Zoom call.
Of note, the council:
- Held a moment of silence to mark the passing of local resident Peter D. Connerton, Jr., the 34-year-old man with strong area connections who died in a car accident on April 26 on Valley Road.
- Received a briefing from Town Administrator Shawn J. Brown about the opening of Sachuest and Third beaches, which are on schedule for a strong season over the Memorial Day weekend.
- Approved food licenses for Foodlove Market at 1037 Aquidneck Ave. and The Beach Bar at 59 Aquidneck Ave.
- Okayed a special event permit for Newport Film for an outdoor screening of the movie “Playing With Sharks” on June 17 from 6-10 p.m. in the main lot of Sachuest Beach.
- Continued discussion on plans to remake the lower Aquidneck Avenue area for a special meeting, which was not scheduled, but would be publicized in coming days.
Next meeting: Monday, May 17 at 6 p.m. from Town Hall.